Thursday, May 26, 2011

I want Your Opinion on This

Today i was having a debate with my girlfriend about whether or not it would be possible to attach a severed head to a different headless body under these circumstances :
1. This experiment is being conducted on parts that are less that 1 minute separation form the original bodies 
2. The parts are being artificially  kept in the ready state ¹
3. Effectively re-establish nervous system functions

¹ i am describing the ready state as the bodies have been hook up to a machine to pump in oxygenated blood and pump out the blood that need to be re-oxygenated. So that in this state the bodies will suffer minimal decay.

I think that this is a plausible experiment but  the one real problem that i can see is the damage to the spinal cord because at this time there is no procedure to repair a spinal cord. But with the research into to stem cells shows promise as a solution to repair the spinal cord and possible repair all the severed arteries and muscles. I will concede that is is quiet impractical. I read a fortune cookie that said " Everything is impossible until someone does it." and i think is a good way to think about this experiment.

[Pantheon] Buri

23 comments:

  1. it's highly plausible that it could be done, but not very probable

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like Nick said, not very probable at least not for a few years. But I sure would like to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That reminds me of those experiments done in the 50s by soviet scientists. I think it's doable. But only after they find a way to reattach the spinal cord.

    ReplyDelete
  4. in theory it is possible. but shit would never happen hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  5. gonna have to agree with you on this one

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha god knows, good question. I suppose it could be possible but some how seem pretty unlikely. Would be incredible if the brain could control another body like that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahaha, I belive that will be posible SOMEDAY. Just, not now. But I'm no expert.

    Cheers man.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah it seems very impractical. I think that before they figure out how to effectively do this cybernetics would be introduced and make this a completely pointless idea.

    ReplyDelete
  9. it's possible. we transplant everything else. and stemcells can repair the spinal cord which may be a long process but it would be a really groundbreaking moment in science

    ReplyDelete
  10. Honestly, I don't think it would work, sorry dude

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, it's possible in Futurama, so I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work in real life. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Its just to expensive.
    You need a full fucking team of high skilled docs who are able to make the body not die WITHOUT A HEAD!

    ReplyDelete
  13. hmmm, im kinda curious as to what brought this thought into your head randomly haha

    ReplyDelete
  14. get two death row convicts

    experiment

    ReplyDelete
  15. I... uh... well thats just weird to talk about with your girlfriend :P

    that aside, I really don't think so

    ReplyDelete
  16. i think u got a good shot, :P

    ReplyDelete
  17. The nerves won't attach to another body, so the head is useless once detached.

    ReplyDelete
  18. with conditions like that I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work.

    ReplyDelete
  19. It might be possible but I don't think it would work

    ReplyDelete
  20. It could be done, but recognition with the nervous systems, I don't know if it would work. Interesting point though!

    ReplyDelete
  21. 3# is too big of a generalization that might be the biggest problem!

    ReplyDelete